1. Boldness
Boldness is a quality necessary to have when starting a business. This is something you either have or you don't so others cannot copy this quality as easily.
2. Rational
This is necessary to have when starting a business to make smart decisions. People can try to copy this quality.
3. Perceptive
This is a helpful quality to have in order to work with people.
4. Sociable
This is good to have for customer relations and supplier relations.
5. Fruits and vegetable knowledge
I need to gain this.
6. Marketing knowledge
When I finish my education as a marketing major I will have this.
7. Business mindset
I have always thought of things with a business perspective.
8. Customer service oriented
Definitely a needed aspect of starting a business.
9. Networking
I need to start networking with people and stay in that mindset.
10. Nutrition knowledge
I need to gain this so I can be better at creating the product.
My top resource I think would be nutritional knowledge so I can create a product that is what I want it to be.
Those are 10 awesome things to have for starting a business. Your top two resources should be your nutrition knowledge and customer service. From my experience of working at Publix, people love that we talk to them and are so friendly. I have been told many times that that is the reason people keep coming back.
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteYou have identified some great advantages! your most valuable is networking and nutritional knowledge. Developing a network of people that could possibly invest in your business on a financial or social level will do wonders for your venture. Also, being very knowledgeable of healthy ingredients to include in your product and knowing where to buy them at the best possible price will prove to be invaluable. You did an exceptional job on identifying your unfair advantages.
Certainly once you acquire the science knowledge behind your idea you will gain an edge. I like how you are anticipating your asset needs (nutrition knowledge) so you can set goals to realize that knowledge. I think you can have a good handle on all of these things by the time you finish school.
ReplyDeleteYou are right. One of the most important parts of your venture is the nutritional factor. The fact that you already have so much knowledge in this field will help you immensely. Couple that with your growing skills in marketing and you will have a great basis to build on. Good job!
ReplyDelete