Thursday, 2 June 2016

Testing the Opportunity Hypothesis Part 2

My business proposal is a delicious frozen treat/ popsicle that has all the daily nutrients necessary to live a healthy life. This would be a product that could be beneficial to everyone that wants to improve their health but my target audience would be people going through chemotherapy. A side effect of this treatment is a lack of appetite so it is hard for them to get the sustenance their body needs in this trying time. Popsicles are easy to eat and refreshing so I think this could improve people suffering through cancer's quality of life.

WHO: A lot of people fall outside of my target audience boundary but I think everyone could be a little healthier and could use more daily nutrients because I doubt everyone eats their daily intake of vegetables, fruits and vitamins.

WHAT: The need for proper nutrition, which applies to everyone, differs from the need to eat something that won't make you nauseous and will give you your only nutrients for the day because you can't bare to eat anything solid. Despite the different levels of need, I want to make it into one marketable product that helps people everywhere.

WHY: The need of the outsiders and insiders are different but they both can use this product.

soundcloud.com/lizzieconnor

soundcloud.com/jessmaloney

soundcloud.com/luissanoja

soundcloud.com/ryansaunders

soundcloud.com/mariafaret

I found that most people think this is a great idea and could be applicable to everyone since no one eats properly. Following our daily intake schedule is difficult and can be expensive, as Jess Maloney said. I will definitely keep the cost of my popsicles low. Ryan Saunders thought my idea was good but its basically the same as the kale super smoothie craze going on right now which is a valid point. I may need to differentiate the product more for it to be successful.

          Inside the boundary                                                                           Outside the boundary 
People going through chemotherapy           Healthy people or those that do not care about their health.
To intake nutrients                                                                                Nutrients may not be prioritized
They need to eat something that doesn't require                                They may not want to eat healthy
a huge appetite

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I really like your idea because I am into eating healthy and I am always trying to find new ways to fit daily greens in to my diet. There are several people like myself that don't like to cook kale or spinach all of the time so eating a popsicle mixed with some sort of leafy vegetable and some fruits is one of the best ideas I have heard in this class so far. You identified "healthy people" outside the boundary of your opportunity but I think it would actually attract this demographic of consumer. You are on to something that could honestly and realistically be a great business opportunity. My idea of a fitness center that provides classes placed within a housing development also focused on the people's health and well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea. I feel like it is an all around positive concept that seems like it would fit a large audience within the health care world. I do hear about popsicles being great for chemo patients. However, I agree with your outside the boundary. Not everyone is obsessed with eating healthy. I am a person who is not that careful about what nutrients I consume. If it tastes good though I am not opposed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! It would be great if you could get a few hospitals, or healthcare centers, as clientele. Also I could see larger fitness centers that have concessions/smoothie sales picking up on this. I would imagine that you could make specialty frozen bars as well (e.g. children's nutrients, male nutrients, female nutrients, etc.) I like where you are going with this.

    ReplyDelete