Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Alternative and Post-Purchase Evaluation

https://soundcloud.com/jennifer-walstad/jessica-maloney

https://soundcloud.com/jennifer-walstad/samantha-powers

https://soundcloud.com/jennifer-walstad/amanda-jensen

In all my interviews the women said that they focus on quality and price the most but good packaging is what draws them in. They like to buy in store over online especially for food items. They prefer to buy with credit cards because it is easier to track what you're spending.

Conclusions:
I need to make sure the popsicle packaging is eye catching in order to draw people in. I need to get the price point just right and the quantity and taste perfect as well. I want people to be satisfied after the purchase so they buy more.

6 comments:

  1. I really like your idea because I think it is different from anything I have seen and has the ability to turn a delicious treat into a meal, something children dream of. If parents are able to trick their children into getting all the nutrients they need by eating dessert, I think you have hit the jackpot. I am not sure how you plan to make these popsicles have required daily nutrients, while tasting delicious. However, if you are able to do so, I think there is definitely a market for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I have told you this before but I really like this idea. Hospitals would be an excellent market to cater to in order to mold buyer's perception of your product. That could position the product as a healthy/doctor recommended product if, for example, there was a good amount of vitamin C in the popsicles to help boost your immune system. You picked up on something very important from your interviews. Packaging is extremely important and also helps with buyer's perception of your product. Colors not so bright and packaging/font similar to that of health supplements could help push your product as a healthy alternative to your average popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    This product is very beneficial and very relevant. I have two young kids and they love getting "candy". My wife and I look for healthy foods for our family. Recently with grandma spoiling my boys I have looked at other healthy alternatives. With that said, I think your interviews are well structured and overall good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,
    I really love your idea and I think it could be really successful. All of your interviews really added useful information in helping your product better. I couldn't agree more that packaging is very important. Everything is about looks and social media. If you can make something look cool then people will post it, which is free advertising for you! I thought it was very interesting that the women you interviewed said that they like to shop in person because I feel like our generation is more drawn to online shopping. Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you are thinking about all the things you will need to focus on. Sounds like your idea is growing through this process of interviewing others. Marketing is a huge deal when you plan to sell a product. Of course, the visuals and tastes of your specific product are important, too. But first impressions are very important. You are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found it very interesting that in these interviews the majority said that they preferred to use a credit card because it is easier to track how much they spent. In my opinion I believe it is much too easy to just slide my credit card and as long as I see the words “approved” I do not pay price any attention. As for cash if I only have $40 I know I won’t want to spend it all, and if I do I still know exactly how much I spent.

    ReplyDelete